Tertiary Education Commission
Te Amorangi Mātauranga Matua
- support tertiary education organisations to be accountable, self-improving and self-managing
- give effect to the Government’s requirements for tertiary education as outlined in the Tertiary Education Strategy
- act in accordance with their role and responsibilities as set out in the Education Act 1989.
All forms of post-secondary school education and training come under their umbrella. This includes:
- literacy and numeracy education
- academic study
- New Zealand apprenticeships
- work-related training, and
- doctoral research.
They were established in 2003.
Hon Jan Tinetti
Minister of Education
Utility links and page information